Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
- 3 pieces medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pieces eggs (whites only)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix well. Set aside.
- Beat-in egg whites in a separate bowl. Gradually add the bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Continue beating until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Gradually fold-in the flour mixture, and then the walnuts. Mix well.
- Arrange muffin cups on a muffin tray. Scoop the mixture and arrange in each muffin cup. Make sure that you only fill about less than 3/4 of the cup’s volume.
- Place in the oven and bake for 23 to 27 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove from the oven and let cool by placing on a wire rack.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!